Weekly Quote


Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
Harriet Tubman

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lolita on a Budget - Quick Haul Post

I've been scratching my brain lately to find ways on saving money for Lolita in any way I can. The money I save from these purchases helps my personal finances (student loans, bills, etc) and puts more money in my special savings for larger Lolita purchases like Brand clothing.

Going with my color palette of my style, I choose simple accessories with great versatility. There are items that I just can't resist and the two bows on the right are an example of that. They were so light and delicate that I had to get them in pink and cream. The flower clip is so light and soft - just darling!

On the left, we have 3 items from Claire's: 2 pairs of wrist cuffs and 1 pair of long fingerless lace gloves. Their total was $3 ! - Not bad for the clearance section! I would love to own a pair of Angelic Pretty wristcuffs but since no one is looking at your wrist with a microscope, I think I can get away with these offbrand numbers. The lace isn't bad at all, it's soft, and they fit nicely on my wrists.

 
The whole lot cost me $44. The wrist cuffs and fingerless lace gloves were $1 each at Claire’s (clearance) and the bows and flower barrettes were from Temptation.

Whether it's with hair accessories, clothing, or shoes, offbrand is a great, inexpensive way to full your wardrobe.

Always remember, no matter if your outfit is full Brand, offbrand, or a mixture of both, you are still a beautiful Lolita. Don't let anyone else tell you differently!


No comments:

Post a Comment